Mobile Security FAQ
Is Mobile Banking Safe? Absolutely. You have NOTHING to worry about.
Q: Is my mobile device secure to use? I feel secure with my computer. I like to use my computer for my banking activities and I have concerns over using my phone.
A: Rest assured. Mobile Banking is safe to use!
- Smartphones such as iPhones, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone have very controlled and secure operating systems .
- Mobile Banking uses 128 bit SSL encryption just like Online Banking – which basically encrypts and protects any transmission of data including customer account information.
- Mobile Banking uses strong Firewalls just like Online Banking – which protects from unauthorized or malicious intrusion.
- Mobile Banking uses your Username & Password for access, just like Online Banking. And just like with Online Banking, your account will lock down after 3 incorrect attempts from your mobile device.
- Mobile banking uses additional Security Q&A Authentication for initial access to your account.
Q: What if my phone gets lost or stolen?
A: Nobody wants their phone lost or stolen. But in the rare case that it does, you should know that your Mobile Banking access is secured.
- No personal information from your Mobile Banking account is ever stored on the phone. Your password is never stored.
- Your login session automatically times out after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Immediately call our Mobile Banking Support at (208) 522-7009 or 1-866-522-3335 to suspend your mobile banking account.
Q: Why can’t I simply use my computer to access by account? I’m more comfortable with it, and I can just wait till I get access at home.
A: You certainly can use your computer. But you will really miss out on the convenience and FREE benefits of our Mobile Banking.
- You can check your money at any time of the day and manage all aspects of your membership account.
- You can also be notified via Text Message* when you receive a direct deposit, make withdrawals, or drop below a certain dollar amount in your account. This FREE Mobile Alert service is offered through our Homebanking's Virtual Branch and Mobile Banking. You can easily set up text and email alerts, and you’ll always be in the know.
* Messaging and Data Rates May Apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for details.